Here are some interesting ideas to consider when getting your home ready to sell:
1. Update outdated bathrooms and kitchens. Often the key area buyers are looking at. Consider having outdated tile re-glazed. It it generally less expensive than retiling.
2. De-clutter your home! Your home will appear more spacious if you reorganize and de-clutter. Buyers often look in your cabinets and want to see lots of storage. Remember less is more even with your furniture.
3. Spruce up your front yard and porch. Power wash, weed and paint if needed. Consider adding touches of color such as flowers in pots. Remember that the buyer’s first impression can determine if they want to look inside.
4. Fresh flowers in a vase and a kitchen table set for a dinner party is an attractive and inexpensive fix that is pleasant to the eye.
5. Unfinished projects- make a to do list to get those tiny unfinished projects done. Some items might be a red flag to your potential buyer and it will cost you less to complete them than the buyer might want to deduct from the asking price.
If you are thinking of putting your home up for sale in the Willamette Valley, please give me a call. I can help you with suggestions to get your home ready and show you what your home’s value is in today’s market.